Advantus is an institutional asset manager specializing in public and private fixed income, managed volatility, real estate securities and other income-oriented equity strategies.
Assets under management: $37.6 billion (market value as of 03/31/17).
Investment Professionals: Average 21 years in investment industry, 14 years with Advantus; 83 percent of our investment professionals hold CFAs, advanced degrees or both.
Established: 1984, with investment heritage dating back to 1880. Advantus is a wholly-owned subsidiary of Securian Financial Group—one of the nation's largest and most highly rated financial services companies. View Securian's Annual Report
A leader in traditional asset management; pioneer in specialized strategies, including:
- 40+ years Private Placement investing
- 15+ years Real Estate Investment Trust (REIT) investing
- Among the first participants in structured securities
An Exceptional Client Experience is Our Standard
At Advantus, our mission is to create an exceptional client experience. We deliver on that promise by:
- Focusing absolutely on achieving client investment objectives.
- Engaging clients in open, ongoing communications; Becoming a trusted advisor.
- Not losing sight of client guidelines and policies.
- Adhering to a fundamental, disciplined investment approach, driven by the goal of discerning relative investment value and risk/return opportunity.
- Insurance Companies
- Public Funds
- Sub-advised Mutual Fund platforms
- Variable Insurance providers